Saturday, March 24, 2012

Why this blog title?

I'm sure that the few of you who see this blog wonder what is going on with me. I figure that from now on I will bear it all here. You can leave your own response or advice. I will read it an take it to heart.

So to start it off.
I'm in Nago now for you who don't know and the thing that is constantly on my mind is "what's going to happen next?" it's a thought of fear, wonder, and excite. I don't know which of those three is strongest but I know that whatever comes is going to be a challenge and I will meet it head on with Christ as my strength, as shield, and with the Word as my sword.

In all honesty I don't know what I'm doing, I'm always told that when you get out on your own it's either sink or swim.....I do believe that? it's very true, but what happens when you aren't sinking? You are afloat but you have no heading? When you are a ship with a crew, and everything a ship needs, but there is no wind to fill the sails, the map has no direction to it, you are merely just afloat waiting for the wind to fill the sails.

That's where I am right now in my heart. So many possibilities, so many things to be excited for. Yet all I'm doing is maintaining.....has my presence here become superfluous? Are there more things to be done? Am I just a ship in a vast ocean that is just stating afloat? When will the wind come? When will my map have a direction, a purpose? When will I have my own? Am I ready for it? Or am I just a helper for others?

I will still wait for the wind to come my way, for my sails to fill, for a passion for the destination that lies at the end of the journey. I may not have any idea what it is, I may only be helping on someone else's boat. I will still wait for you Lord, for Your Word to speak, for Your hand to guide, for a passion of my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment